Guidelines for Team Selection
As announced at our last event, the guidelines for team selection for the Gakuren Alumni Taikai are now available. We’ve also confirmed with the organizers that the date of the tournament will be Sunday, December 1, 2019 in Tokyo, Japan.
Team selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Active participant in the alumni community and related UTKAN events
- In possession of a UTKAN nafuda to wear during the tournament
- In adequate health condition with the ability to participate in a full day of kendo activities
- Available to travel to Tokyo, Japan and attend the tournament on December 1 , 2019
- A member of Canadian Kendo Federation in good standing
- In possession of a valid passport with ability to enter and leave Japan without legal hinderance
For more detailed information, please see the Gakuren Alumni Taikai – Guidelines for Team Selection (2019).
A Short Kendo Film
As mentioned at our previous events, we’ve begun work on a mini-documentary about the upcoming trip to the Gakuren Alumni Taikai. As a part of that ongoing process, we’re pleased to share a short kendo film from our most recent event.
In the coming months we’ll be reaching out to members of the alumni community to conduct short interviews – so stay tuned!